The Kenyan Nomad

The Kenyan Nomad

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Search

Sometimes, to set out on a journey, you need someone to walk with you. They change the perspective of the road, and you realise that however much you moved, you really could not do it without them anyway.
One of my favourite quotes when I was younger was "There are no strangers here; only friends we haven't met."
It did make it easier to be around new people, but recently I realised that sometimes seeking someone out is much, much harder than waiting for them to find you.
At the same time though, sometimes the search is most of the fun. I've been thinking; what's going to happen when I do meet this person and they fit?
My journey to meet this person so far has taken me to various paths and people across Sewanee who I would never have met or even noticed before. I can only imagine that it's going to open my eyes even more.
Where has your journey taken you?

No comments:

Popular Posts