The Kenyan Nomad

The Kenyan Nomad

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Motion and Dance

A little known fact about me; usually I'm happiest when I'm in motion.
Walking around, pacing, driving, dancing.
I forgot how much dance meant to me until recently, and I couldn't be happier to rediscover it!
Growing up, I remember I would come home from school, and at some point in the evening, I would close myself in my room and dance for about an hour or more.
Nowadays, it's something I haven't had time for; or so I thought.
Sure, I go out with my friends and dance then, but it's not quite the same, and I'm so glad I realised this before it was too late.
I wish I could share how it feels, the catharsis, the emotion, the stillness of thought I find in dance.
Some other day maybe; right now, I'm going to dance.

No comments:

Popular Posts