I've always thought about the journey. Starting it. Going on it. Never
the end though. The end terrifies me, as I'm sure it does many people.
The uncertainty of knowing what knows after is as strong as the certainty that there is an after.
What could be the biggest end of all but death?
There. I said it. Ernest Becker, the author of The Denial of Death, believes that the fear of death is what governs most people's lives.
I can see that in some way.
Yet, there are so many other ends we are confronted with in our day to
day life. Some we can prepare for; others knock us clean off our feet.
I remember when I graduated high school, and came to a university a
whole continent away, I was terrified of the end that I had come to.
But then, there was a beginning.
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
The end may be a new beginning
Labels:
2012,
cowbird,
photography project,
Roshni Walia,
Sewanee,
Sewanee landscapes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've heard a lot of great things about CJ's Restaurant , in the CBD, but unfortunately hadn't had an opportunity to go there un...
-
Doing restaurant reviews is always fun, but sometimes, it's nice to put together a collection such that one knows what to order from a ...
-
I don't know about the majority of you, but I live in a society where everyone is concerned with following the rules, and fitting the mo...
-
What exactly is personal financial management? A quick definition: "The efficient and effective management of money to accomplish objec...
-
A few weeks ago, I sat down (virtually) with Semerian Sankori , founder of Patinaai Osim. It was the end of the day and I was suffering fro...
-
Amandla Ooko-Ombaka. Where do I start? Those who know her know that she’s a force of nature, a whirlwind of energy and inspiration, and an ...
-
First of all, if my recent restaurant experiences have taught me anything, it's that I need to start carrying my DSLR around more. In ot...
-
The more time I spend in Kenya, the more cool brands, places and events I stumble across. Madafu Moxie is one of those brands, and when y...
-
For those of you who aren’t familiar with Nick Ndeda, I should give some background. Nick was a presenter on my favourite radio channel, X ...
-
I'd been to the River Cafe at Karura before with friends, but in my excitement at all the food (no surprises here), absolutely forgot ...

1 comment:
How many more ends still to come before the final END? That, no one knows. Each end is like climbing one mountain, reaching the top, and then notice that there is another top to scale/clear!! Keep going, keep your faith in yourself and trust the Almighty to be there when you need him.
Post a Comment