The Kenyan Nomad

The Kenyan Nomad

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

'Rosh' Pasta

While doing recipes is not usually my thing, I felt that I should post a few of the simpler ones that even people like me can understand! Yes, I haven't named this pasta, but feel free to call it whatever you like. I did have  a picture somewhere, and will try dig it up. Also, do not strictly go by the quantities here; they are a guideline that you may want to play around with.

Ingredients:
2 packets boiled pasta (whatever kind you like)
Red wine (preferably Merlot... a cup should do it)
1 kg tomatoes chopped finely
1/2 kg onions sliced thinly
Minced garlic (To taste)
Olive oil (or butter if you prefer)
Mixed herbs: I used thyme, basil, rosemary and oregano
Salt
Paprika powder to taste
Red chilli powder (if you want it spicier)
1 can of corn off the cob
750 grammes of grated cheese. Preferably parmesan, though I used mozzarella.

Steps:
1) Cook the minced garlic, about four and a half teaspoons, in the olive oil.
2) Next, add the onions and cook until they are a nice light brown.
3) Add the tomatoes, herbs, paprika, salt and chilli powder.
4) Cook these until you can see them being done (not being a professional chef, I don't know exactly how to describe this, but I'm sure you'll figure it out).
5) Next, add a little bit of the red wine! Save most of it for the end. Stir the mixture until you get a nice red wine aroma in the air.
6) Now, add the boiled pasta and mix it all together very well.
7) Add the corn, and mix again.
8) Now, add the grated cheese and mix really well. Feel free to add more if you want.
9) This is when you add the rest of the red wine. Mix well, and serve hot.
10) Enjoy!



No comments:

Popular Posts