The Kenyan Nomad

The Kenyan Nomad

Friday, June 28, 2013

Follow up 3: Why are You Smiling?

Why I'm smiling...
First, it’s Friday... I have this irrational love for Fridays, something about it being the end of the week maybe (cause I mean, is there anything better than Saturday?)?

Secondly, you know how you can have a streak of bad luck? I feel that my family has been having one of those since last year, but things are kinda looking up.... Our car spontaneously caught fire; nobody got hurt though. It has finally, with a lot of difficulty, been replaced. My diabetic grandpa had one failed kidney and one operating at 5%, which meant he needed a transplant. His last born daughter offered hers, which meant 2 family members going under the knife on Christmas Day ! Anyway, they both made it out and are doing awesome. There’s other stuff too, but the big stuff’s out of the way and we are getting back on our feet.

And last but definitely not least, my boyfriend is the reason for my first smile almost every morning thanks to his daily mushy good morning texts that make me feel like the awesomest thing to walk this earth J
That’s why...
-Michelle

No comments:

Popular Posts