The Kenyan Nomad

The Kenyan Nomad

Monday, June 29, 2015

The Liebster Award

Picture courtesy of Unsplash

I received the Liebster Award from Ariadna of The Always Believer about a month ago, and just haven't had time to write this post until now! I finally decided to go ahead and do it. Thanks so much, Ariadna! (If you haven't already, please check out her wonderful blog, which happens to be a source of abundant inspiration!)

The Liebster Award is passed on from blogger to blogger, and is intended to recognise who are working hard and doing a great job with their blog. While I've seen different variations of rules for this award online, I'll be following the ones that say that when you're nominated, you answer the questions presented to you by the blogger who nominated you, then nominate a few others and set some questions for them to answer!

Here are Ariadna's questions, with my answers!

1) What is one of your favorite quotes?
Goodness, I have so many! I try share them on my Facebook page every week or so. However, for now, let's go with this one: 
"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
-- Howard Thurman

2) What is your favorite time of your day?
I think this would definitely be the night! 
3) If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for?
I would love to hire a historical home for an entire weekend, and throw the kind of lavish party that people used to have in centuries past! Since I love to celebrate different kinds of people, I don't think this party would have a specific aim other than to just celebrate life and the people attending. Envisioning a guest list for such a party would be difficult in that I wouldn't know where to stop! I think it's important to know when you have enough people such that people can mingle around and meet plenty of new people and thrive on the energy of a large group, and yet engage in meaningful dialogue within smaller groups! One thing's for sure, my closest friends would definitely be in attendance, especially so one of my best friends from Sewanee who loves old homes as much as I do! 
4) If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I would LOVE to be able to draw! I've always been drawn to art, and am in awe of anyone who possesses significant talent in this department. Unfortunately for me, I can't draw to save my life; even my stick figures are lacking! If  I could learn to put pencil to paper and perfectly recreate scenes before me and from my imagination, I'd be ecstatic.
5) If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
I think for me, picking just one person is extremely difficult! Part of this is because I do have a few mentors already, who guide me in various aspects of my life. I know this is a stereotypical answer, but I do think it'd be awesome to be mentored by Richard Branson or Robin Sharma! 
6) What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
This varies! But I guess I'd include 'Can't Hold Us' by Macklemore, 'Timber' by Pitbull (for sentimental reasons), 'Livin' on a Prayer' by Bon Jovi, 'Feeling Good' by Nina Simone, 'Happy' by Pharell, and 'Titanium' by David Guetta. 
7) When was the last time you had an amazing meal?
Saturday night! I'd gone out to an Italian restaurant in Nairobi with my family to celebrate my eldest sister's new promotion. 
8) What is something you learned last week?
Love should be about giving, and not receiving, and in order to be able to give love, you need to have it; you need to love yourself first! 
9) Where’s Waldo?
New Orleans? 
10) The best part of waking up is?
That in between stage when I remember my dreams from the previous night and laugh at them, the stillness and peace of lying in bed for just a few minutes extra, and the untapped potential of a new day. 

I'd like to nominate the following bloggers for the Liebster Award, and I'd love for them to answer the questions that follow. Please tag me back in your posts, I'd love to hear what you have to say! 

1) What are five words you would use to describe yourself?

2) If you were a character from an existing movie or a book, who would you be and why?

3) If you could recommend only one book to your readers, which would it be?

4) What's your secret talent?

5) What's the best feedback you've ever gotten on a blog post?

6) Who has been a great inspiration in your life so far, and how?

7) What's one of your greatest memories from the past five years?

8) If you could go back and speak to yourself three years ago, what would you say?

9) What's your favourite meal?

10) The sky is the limit; where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?

11) Where would you love to travel to that you've never been before?

12) If you were to meet any famous person you wanted (real or fictional, dead or alive), who would it be and what would you say to them? 


No comments:

Popular Posts