The Kenyan Nomad

The Kenyan Nomad

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Fear and Wings

"“Be like the bird, pausing in its flight
On limb too slight,
Feels it give way, yet sings,
Knowing it has wings.”
 -Victor Hugo

(Personally, birds themselves scare me. Yet I understand and appreciate their symbolism, and am not averse to their artistic representations).



Fear. It guides us, motivates us, and at times, rules us. As members of an intelligent species that has established itself as the ruler of this planet, we still find much to fear. I think that one of the amazing things about us is that we are not yet aware of how much we let our fears control us.
Fear of rejection, fear of death, fear of loneliness... these are just some of the common ones that we face.

Goodness knows that I'm afraid of many things far more important (to me) than birds, and I haven't even begun to explore these yet. But I do know that I fear an uncertain future, and I'm trying to confront this as best as I can.

I'm not psychic, and as far as I know, not many people are. I'll take the liberty of saying that no one knows what the future holds for them, and this can be scary as hell.

We all have so many different wings, and will truly know what it means to be fearless once we take the jump and learn to fly.


First image courtesy of SplitShire

Liked this post? Don't forget to post a comment, reach out to me via Twitter @roshwalia or follow this blog!



No comments:

Popular Posts