The Kenyan Nomad

The Kenyan Nomad

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Tandoori Patio: Restaurant Review

A warm Sunday afternoon (as has been increasingly the case in Nairobi recently), so it made sense that the family and I wanted a lunch spot that was open and somewhat outdoorsy (as outdoorsy as can be in Westlands, that is). We'd been to the Tandoori Patio a few times before (one was a surprise party for my 24th birthday), and decided that it was worth a repeat visit.

The ambience at the Tandoori Patio is skillfully designed in a way to almost (almost) make one forget that you're sitting in the middle of Westlands.

Warm Sunday = perfect opportunity for a chilled beer, so I decided to get a Tusker Malt. Now, I will NEVER understand why servers in this country ask if you want your beer cold or not. Is there really any other way to drink beer?! I confirmed that, yes, I wanted it as cold as could be, borderline freezing if you will.



Look at how beautiful it was!! And iPhone users, I'd like you to appreciate that this was a live photo, which means that I get to see this with the glory of bubbles rising gently to the surface whenever I want.

To start off, we decided to get the Rajasthani bhindi (Rajasthan is a region in India, bhindi= okra), and the hara bhara kebabs. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the biggest bhindi fan in the world (yes yes, tone it down with the gasps), but I actually really liked this! It was like beautifully fried bhindi chips - and the batter was heavenly! My 90 year old grandfather, however, thought this was 'weird'.

I was so enamoured that I kind of forgot to take notes about - or pictures of - the hara bhara kebabs.


For the mains, we decided to get the chicken tikka masala (surprise!), the tawa fish masala, and the tawa mushrooms with a selection of naans. 

Everything was AMAZING. Seriously. I'm practically salivating as I write this. The chicken was fresh, light and not too creamy. The fish was also fresh and perfectly marinated. The mushrooms were creamy, with lovely flavours of garlic and methi coming through. The naans were soft and light. The only complaint that I'd have is that the food was relatively mild, despite us having asked for it to be as hot as they could make it. 




Haven't yet been? Do give it a try, and let me know what you think!

Enjoyed this post? Please feel free to like, comment and share!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bhindi does look yummy - I want some, please.

Popular Posts