The Kenyan Nomad

The Kenyan Nomad

Monday, November 5, 2018

Afta Eats: Restaurant Review

Sunday brunch is a sacred ritual to partake in - and what better place to indulge than a place reputed to have amazing coffees, waffles and crepes (both sweet and savoury), as well as granola bowls and vegan crepes?

A few Sundays ago, I decided to check out Afta Eats with a friend for her birthday.


I love the light, open look and feel of the new wing at Village Market - part of it is almost food market-esque!

On this particular Sunday, Afta Eats wasn't that busy - surprising given all that I've heard about it, and that it was 11 am. They had a great, energetic playlist on, definitely something designed to get you up and about.

The only thing that could've improved the vibe of the place, in my opinion, would've been mimosas but - alas! - we managed to do without. The Afta Eats tables are definitely cute, with little infographics on various drinks in them. Their menus could use some upscaling though - they don't live up to the aesthetic of Afta Eats.

To drink, I got the chai latte, while my friend got a coffee.


The chai latte was unfortunately milky. Not bad, but not something I'd offer again unless they changed it.

Surprisingly, they didn't have chicken that morning. My friend and I decided to split a choco chip waffle, and a veggie crepe. I was a little suspicious about the latter - I'd gone in expecting meat - but this emerged as my favourite!



Surprisingly, the waffle was small! Definitely not the size I'm used to. However, this did not stop it from being ABSOLUTELY delicious. It was fluffy, not too sweet, and the strawberries were a perfect addition. I think this could absolutely be an amazing dessert!

The crepe - this was the surprise winner for me!! It contained a lovely medley of vegetables, and came with two different sauces - one spicy, one slightly tangy. It was perfectly spicy, with all the flavours of the vegetables coming through PERFECTLY! I'd definitely order this again (if I don't get tempted to try any of their others, of course), and would recommend you to as well. 




Do I plan on going back? Most definitely, yes!

No comments:

Popular Posts