The Kenyan Nomad

The Kenyan Nomad

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston Marathon Bombings

While at times like these we question our faith in humanity, it's important to remember that for every act of violence there are lots of acts of kindness that go unnoticed. We're all angry and upset at what happened, but we can choose to focus on and pass on these acts to keep up something that is extremely important in situations such as these; hope. 
I'll admit, when I found out what had happened, I was (and still am) pretty upset. This could happen to anyone we know, and I wondered what relevance my daily tasks had to anything at all. Then I realised that if we give up, and dwell on the horror of what happened, we will have let the 'bad guys' win. They will have succeeded at instilling fear in our hearts, and making us doubt humanity. 
Yes, I'm still angry, and wish there was more I could do. For now though, all I can do is hope, pray and support.
http://www.businessinsider.com/inspiring-images-from-boston-2013-4 

No comments:

Popular Posts